[R] mice package

Giuseppe Biondi Zoccai gbiondizoccai at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:41:54 CET 2016

I am using the mice package to impute some missing values, and it work
nicely.
I am facing a tricky strategic question though.
Basically, I am working on predictors of myocardial infarction, with all
patients having baseline features (eg age, gender), despite a few missing
values.
Some patients have performed also a stress test, with specific continous
details (eg stress duration), but others haven't.
What should I do to capture the information associated with stress test
features?
A complete case analysis will of course exclude all those without a stress
test (roughly 50%).
Is it reasonable to impute with mice the stress features among also those
who did not undergo any stress test?
Or should I best create a factor variable such as stress_status (0- no
stress, 1-stress with low tolerance, 2-stress with high tolerance, and so
forth)?
Thanks for the help
Giuseppe