[R] Wooden Christmas Tree freezing when reading in files in El Capitan OS X

Lauri Torgerson lauritorgerson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:58:31 CET 2016

Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for your patience with my question. I
recently upgraded my operating system to El Capitan and then upgraded R to
3.2.3 (Wooden Christmas Tree). I also installed XQuartz. My problem is that
when I try to read in files using read.csv, R freezes. I have to force quit
every time. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall. I've tried older versions of
R. I've tried working in the R.app and typing directly into the R console.
I've tried clearing the work history, resetting the working directory, and
reading in the file different ways. Has anyone dealt with this and found a
solution? Thanks!