[R] Copula Regression

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 1 20:10:08 CET 2016

    > Well, seem to have solved own problem.
    > The article "Enjoy the joy of copulas: with a package copula" has a nice appendix that describes precisely how to set up what I am looking for.  The only minor issue is that some of the functions have been deprecated.

    > So, if anyone is curious, here is the article info (in BibTeX):

    > @Article{YanJ_2007_CopulasR,
    > title={Enjoy the joy of copulas: with a package copula},
    > author={Yan, Jun and others},
    > journal={Journal of Statistical Software},
    > volume={21},
    > number={4},
    > pages={1--21},
    > year={2007}
    > }

Thank you. As that Journal is a free open access journal, the url may be
even more useful:
   https://www.jstatsoft.org/index.php/jss/article/view/v021i04/v21i04.pdf

and (as current maintainer of the 'copula' package)
may I ask you how exactly you solved it (R code) and
why you could not easily replace the calls to the deprecated
functions (e.g. 'dcopula') by calls to their substitutes ?

But indeed, I'm impressed by Jun Yan  who had already added such
example code to the appendix of that paper relatively long ago.

I think it would make sense to add a version of that appendix
as (Rmd) vignette to our copula package.

Martin