[R] Data aggregation

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:17:40 CEST 2016

?tapply

You should have encountered this already in most basic R tutorials.
Have you gone through any? If not, you should. In particular,you need
to learn about R's basic data structures (e.g. data frames).

Alternatively, the dplyr package has many elegant tools for this sort
of thing. You might do well to learn it instead or in addition to the
*apply type operations of base R.

Finally, I should ask: is this homework? This list tries to implement
a no homework policy.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter