[R] New installation

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Fri Jun 10 08:58:14 CEST 2016

Clint Bowman <clint at ecy.wa.gov> writes:

I am really wondering, why nobody mentioned Ubuntu so far?

Ubuntu is a really nice distro, I never had problems with it, many
programs are available for Ubuntu, and it is build on Debian
(stable). Don't worry about Unity Window manager - there are many other
options available (Xubuntu being one of the better known ones - Ubuntu
just packed with a different Windows Manager).

If you are new to Linux, I would really suggest Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Rainer