[R] R-help Digest, Vol 160, Issue 8

David Howell david.howell at uvm.edu
Thu Jun 9 01:09:30 CEST 2016

I am having trouble running aplpack on my Mac. It will run on my PC, but
the Mac gives an error message. Below is the result that I obtained.  It
seems to install fine--see below--but I can't load the library.

 > install.packages("aplpack")
trying URL
'http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/3.1/aplpack_1.3.0.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 3157548 bytes (3.0 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 3.0 Mb

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/6m/t4wvnh9x39500z_rh3p5jlk00000gp/T//Rtmp26I5Ej/downloaded_packages

 > library(aplpack)
xcrun: error: invalid active developer path
(/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at:
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

It looks as if it has a problem with tcltk. I can install tcltk2, but
when I try to install tcltk it tells me "package not found.) Is that the
problem that aplpack is having when it tries to load the library?

Any suggestions?