[R] Reading and converting time data via read.table

Ek Esawi esawiek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:59:55 CEST 2016

Thanks for the responses i received from David and Spencer. As for the
package Ecfun, i looked at it briefly, but it's long and i am new to R; so
this just adds to my confusion. David suggested the sub function which i
will try and see what i get.i s

As i said earlier i have no problems reading dates w/o time and i was able
to produce a function that can be included in colClasses to reformat date
correctly and convert them to class date. i even stumbled on a way to
convert my time data to time class via the chron package. Here is what i
did  times(paste0(t1, ":00")) where t1 is the first element of the column
named Time. The problem i have now is how to incorporate this
function/command into the colClasses in read.table so that i don't have to
convert every entry in each column, one at a time.

Thank you for the help. EK