[R] Arcsine Tranformation.

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Jul 31 19:10:45 CEST 2016

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016, Samsad Afrin Himi wrote:

> Dear R-Team,
>
> How can I do arcsine tzransformation in R?  My data is proportional score.

?asin

> Could you please help me out?

This is such a simple task that it is difficult to tell what very basic
aspects of R you need help with. If you don't know what a data
transformation is, or what it is for, then what should be obvious might
not be [1] and this is not a stats theory forum [2]. And if you have no
clue how to put data into R or perform basic calculations with it then you
should be reading the "Introduction to R" [3] or taking a course. And if
you are now taking a course, then you should be asking your instructor for
assistance per the Posting Guide (no homework on this list).

If this is not homework and you understand the theory and have a basic
grasp of R syntax then you can clarify what you are stuck on by providing
a reproducible example [4] of the R code that gets you to where you are
stuck, including both sample data and code. Then we can narrow down the
scope of discussion. Don't forget to switch your email program to plain
text so your hard work (yes, asking questions by email isn't easy) does
not get damaged by HTML formatting.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_transformation_(statistics)
[2] e.g. stats.stackexchange.com
[3] https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-intro.pdf