[R] knitr package error.

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Jul 26 15:52:09 CEST 2016

The mailing list allows very few types of attachments through to limit virus problems. You need to learn how to convey your problem as a reproducible sequence of R statements to get clear assistance here. [1]

In this case,  you may be confused between the interactive working environment (variables) and the environment set up by knitr for generating the TeX document. You need to put every statement that is needed to create your variables in the knitr document, directly or by using the source or library functions. Variables you create interactively are not available to knitr. This is a key step to making your documents reproducible, much like your example code you should be sending here with your questions.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example