[R] R Toolbox (Release 2 of 2016-07-21)

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Thu Jul 21 13:23:17 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I have uploaded a new release of the R Toolbox.

R Toolbox is a collection of simple but useful functions which I developed
for myself to shorten the develoment process. Currently all functions use
base R. No other packages are needed. One exception is "t_openxlsx" cause
this module deals explicitly with the openxlsx package.

It is simple to install the functions. Just copy them to an appropriety
place on your hard disk and adjust the variable "t_toolbox_location" to
the place you stored the toolbox in. Running "r_toolbox.R" from that
location will load all modules.

In addition to new functions (see Release Comparison below) some functions
were improved. The are called with their package names, e. g.
openxlsx::read.xlsx() instead of "read.xlsx()". This way confusion with
functions having the same name but comming from other packages is avoided.

Pleae be aware that I have include some not tested function in this
release. All modules have a variable "t_status" now, stating the
development status, e. g. "development", "testing", "release".

Here is a Releae Comparison:

-- cut --

release_comparison <-
   structure(list(Module = c("r_toolbox.R", "t_adjust_packages.R",
                                  "t_conventions.r",
"t_create_variable.R", "t_definitions.R",
                                  "t_find_originals_and_duplicates.R",
"t_get_factor_levels.R",
                                  "t_merge_variables.R", "t_n_miss.R",
"t_n_valid.R", "t_openxlsx_shortcuts.r",
                                  "t_rename_variables.R",
"t_replace_na.R", "t_report_memory.R",
                                  "t_select_vars_by_type.R"), Release1 =
c(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE,
 FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, TRUE, TRUE, FALSE,
 FALSE, FALSE), Release2 = c(TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE,
                             TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE,
TRUE, TRUE)), .Names = c("Module",
                       "Release1", "Release2"), row.names = c(NA, 15L),
class = "data.frame")
edit(release_comparison)

-- cut ---

Release 1 is of 2016-05-31, Releae 2 of 2016-06-21.

You can download the toolbox from

https://sourceforge.net/projects/r-project-utilities/

Kind regards

Georg Maubach