[R] I can't see my questions and their answers in this mailing list !

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Mon Jul 18 16:29:11 CEST 2016

> I got an idea. In the mailing list membership configuration, there is an option
> called " Receive your own posts to the list?". Yours might be turned off.

(At least) one other issue might be intruding: I found recently that our chosen email filter had been instructed to use indiscriminate spoofing detection, which at least by default it does without notification or warning*. I found after a mystifying absence of own posts that this is recognising _all_ my own posts to R-help as spoofed emails because of the (perfectly reasonable) policy of showing the OP's email in the 'from' field. It was unfortunately set to do so without notification or warning. For this particular filtering product, whitelisting R-help does not fix the problem - the product ignores the originating server information when whitelisting. They seem to have forgotten that legitimate mailing lists exist.

Presumably other email filtering products could be doing the same.

S Ellison

*To be fair to the product**, an email report is available - if you go to the relevant web portal and manually request it. Of course, the only reason you'd do that is if you know that it's needed and where the website is. You may have to ask your IT staff about that.

**Which I am very happy to identify on an individual basis if you think this might be your problem.