[R] Please help: cannot import files from Windows into R

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:30:02 CEST 2016

Hi Christa,
The error messages tell you that the file contains NULL characters,
which can cause problems with reading files. You can remove these
characters with a "hex editor". I am not familiar with those used on
Windows, but look at this Web page:

http://alternativeto.net/software/okteta/?platform=windows

The second error message simply tells you that there is no end-of-line
on the final line of your file. Look at the file with the directory
view "Details" and make sure that it is not an empty (zero byte) file.

Jim