[R] install.packages: Option to keep build directory?

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 12 09:50:44 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to install the package 'nloptr' and am getting the error

  configure: error: in `/scratch/tmp/RtmpJ2Y1xA/R.INSTALL3b35583b483/nloptr':
  configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
  See `config.log' for more details

I would like to check 'config.log', but the install directory is
automatically deleted.  I seem to remember there being an option to
'install.packages' which prevented the temporary build directory from
being deleted, but with R version 3.2.3 I can't find it.  I've tried
setting 'destdir' and 'clean=FALSE', but neither helps.

Is there such an option?  If so, what is it?  If not, how can I preserve
'config.log'?

Cheers,

Loris

--