[R] Reading a large directory of compressed zips into a data frame

Giles Bischoff gab4 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Jul 10 07:59:59 CEST 2016

Hello R Programmers!
I was wondering if y'all could help me. I'm trying to read data from a
directory containing 332 compressed zips all with about 1000 lines (or
more) of data into a data frame. I have it so that the directory is set to
the file with the zips in it. I figured this way when I tried using the
dir() function, I could do something like d1 <- read.csv(dir()[1:332]) to
read all the data and then find the mean of say "columnA" in that data
table by using something like mean(d1$columnA). Though, so far this has not
worked. Any ideas?
Sincerely,
Giles