[R] a package-building opinion question, please

Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal roy.mendelssohn at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 8 21:05:19 CEST 2016

Hi Erin:

Everyone's tastes differ,  but when I started out knowing nothing about packages,  I found Hadley's guide  (thank you Hadley!!!) indispensable:

     http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz/intro.html

For obvious reasons, his guide really is geared to built-in features of RStudio, though I believe you could do the same things without it.  It is just easier to do the steps he describes from within RStudio.

HTH,

-Roy

> On Jul 8, 2016, at 11:53 AM, Erin Hodgess <erinm.hodgess at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone:
>
> I'm starting to write a package from scratch; having done that in ages.
>
> My opinion question:  what is the best way, please:  Should I use R studio,
> please?  Back in the back, I used package.skeleton, or just copied over
> other people's stuff.  But I want to do a nice clean one from the beginning.
>
> For the record, I will have S4 classes.
>
> And I'm sure I will get many differing answering, but that's good too!
>
> Sort of like those "if you put 1000 statisticians end to end" jokes.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Have a great weekend,
> Sincerely,
> Erin
>

> --
> Erin Hodgess
> Associate Professor
> Department of Mathematical and Statistics
> University of Houston - Downtown
> mailto: erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

**********************