[R] WG: Fw: Re: dplyr : row total for all groups in dplyr summarise

G.Maubach at weinwolf.de G.Maubach at weinwolf.de
Wed Jul 6 10:34:18 CEST 2016

Hi All,

if I run the suggested code

mtcars %>%
  group_by (am, gear) %>%
  summarise (n = n()) %>%
  mutate(rel.freq = paste0(round(100 * n / sum(n), 0), "%")) %>%
  ungroup() %>%
  plyr::rbind.fill(data.frame(n = nrow(mtcars), rel.freq =
                                              "100%”))

I get

> mtcars %>%
+   group_by (am, gear) %>%
+   summarise (n = n()) %>%
+   mutate(rel.freq = paste0(round(100 * n / sum(n), 0), "%")) %>%
+   ungroup() %>%
+   plyr::rbind.fill(data.frame(n = nrow(mtcars), rel.freq =
+                                               "100%”))

+

R stops execution cause something within the prgram syntax is missing.

What has to be changed to be able to run the code?

Kind regards

Georg Maubach

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 05. Juli 2016 um 18:30 Uhr
> Von: "David Winsemius" <dwinsemius at comcast.net>
> An: maicel at infomed.sld.cu
> Cc: r-help at r-project.org
> Betreff: Re: [R] dplyr : row total for all groups in dplyr summarise
>

> mtcars %>%
>    group_by (am, gear) %>%
>    summarise (n=n()) %>%
>    mutate(rel.freq = paste0(round(100 * n/sum(n), 0), "%")) %>%
>    ungroup() %>% plyr::rbind.fill(data.frame(
n=nrow(mtcars),rel.freq="100%”))

> > On Jul 5, 2016, at 4:47 AM, maicel at infomed.sld.cu wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, what I wanted to do was to add a total row at the end of the
summary. The marginal totals by columns correspond to 100% and the sum of
levels.

<dwinsemius at comcast.net>