[R] [FORGED] Splitting data.frame into a list of small data.frames given indices

Witold E Wolski wewolski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 16:40:27 CEST 2016

Hi William,

I tested plyrs dlply function, and it seems to have  have an O(N*
log(R)) complexity (tested for R=N) so I do not know if N is the
number of rows or nr of categories.

For the data.frame example with 2e5 rows and 2e5 categories it is
approx. 10 times faster than split. Still, it is 10 seconds on an
i7-5930K 3.5GHz Intel.

It would be nice if the documentation would contain runtime
complexity information and the documentation of base package function
would point to function which should be used instead.

Thanks

Witold Eryk Wolski