[R] Problem displaying greek symbols

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 00:24:11 CET 2016

(Ill give it a try, but more expertise than I have may be needed)

Works fine for me (on OS X).

Take a look at ?pdf . I believe the font family in use (Helvetica is
the default) needs to have the (Adobe) symbol font as font 5. What
family are you using?

To see what families are available, use:

 names(grDevices::pdfFonts())

Another possibility is that you are using the wrong encoding.
Unfortunately, this is beyond my ability to help you with, but perhaps
reading the Help on the encoding argument and related links might get
you the necessary info.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter