[R] tcltk: write '[' and ']' in a table cell

Dalthorp, Daniel ddalthorp at usgs.gov
Thu Jan 21 02:12:36 CET 2016

I know it should not be difficult to write the string:

i<-4
j<-17
lbl<-paste0("[", i, ", ", j, "]")

# to a table, but I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to
do it.
# the following gives lbl surrounded by braces.

tt<-tktoplevel()
tfr <- tkframe(tt)
tkgrid(tfr)
junk<-tclArray()
junk[[0,0]]<-lbl
table1<-tkwidget(tfr,"table", rows=1, cols=1, variable=junk)
tkgrid(table1)

How to write without the braces?

Any quick suggestions would be very much appreciated...I've burned much
time trying to figure this should-be-simple problem out.

Thanks!

--
Dan Dalthorp, PhD
USGS Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
ddalthorp at usgs.gov