[R] installing tikzDevice for R 3.2.3

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jan 16 06:46:19 CET 2016

Yihui,

Thanks very much! Explicitly specifying the RStudio server works, and I have reinstalled tikzDevice

Best wishes,
Ranjan

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:42:41 -0600 Yihui Xie <xie at yihui.name> wrote:

> Please do not use http://r-forge.r-project.org/ to install tikzDevice.
> We no longer update tikzDevice on R-Forge. It may be a problem of your
> CRAN mirror. When in doubt, try the RStudio mirror (the chance that
> Amazon CloudFront is down should be much smaller than a single metal
> server somewhere):
>
> install.packages("tikzDevice", repos="https://cran.rstudio.com")
> # make sure your version of R supports https
>
> Regards,
> Yihui
> --
> Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>
> Web: http://yihui.name
>

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Ranjan Maitra
> <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:25:06 -0600 Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I wanted to install tikzDevices on a installation of R (3.2.3) on a new machine. However, I am getting:

> >> Warning message:
> >> package ‘tikzDevices’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)
> >>
> >> Is there any way out for me other than wait for the tikzDevices to be updated in the repos? I am on Fedora 23 with everything up to date.
> >>
> >> Many thanks in advance for any suggestions and best wishes,
> >> Ranjan
> >

> > Sorry to answer my own question, but I found a way out (only specific to tikzDevices):
> >
> > install.packages("tikzDevice", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
> >
> > It would be nice to have a general approach, especially when R updated does not mostly mean that packages installed under and earlier version of R stop working.
> >
> > Best wiehes,
> > Ranjan

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.