[R] "par(tcl=0.5,las=1)" doesn't work

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jan 7 15:22:22 CET 2016

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 2:30 AM, Hans Haußmann <hhaussmann at arcor.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Bert Gunter and David Winsemius,
>
> sorry for sending my first post to R-help in German and thank you David for your efforts to translate.
>
> Here are two scripts now. In the first one the graphics parameters "tcl" and "las" are not recognized, in the second one they are. Why not in the first one?
>
> I am not sure whether I may attach the outputs of the two scripts, I just try.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Hans Haußmann (Haussmann)
> <partest-1.txt><partest-2.txt><partest-1.png><partest-2.png>______________________________________________

Hi,

Are you sure that partest-1 does not work and partest-2 does work, presuming those are the first and second scripts, respectively, you refer to above?

In partest-2, you have the line:

  # par(tcl=0.5,las=1)

which is commented out with the '#' and therefore will not be interpreted by R, thus non-functional.

In partest-1, the line is:

  par(tcl=0.5,las=1)

where it will be interpreted by R and thus functional.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz