[R] How to calculate the prediction interval without knowing the functional form

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:05:14 CET 2016

Standard answer: bootstrap. However, "derived empirically" is too
vague to know whether the standard answer applies.

As this appears to be primarily a statistics, not an R issue, I
suggest that you post on a statistics list like
stats.stackexchange.com instead, perhaps with some more details on
what "derived empirically" means.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter