[R] legend for vectorplot in rasterVis

Adrienne Wootten amwootte at ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 29 21:30:14 CET 2016

All,

Your help with this is greatly appreciated!

I'm working with the vectorplot function in rasterVis to produce wind
vector maps (pretty much like the code in here -
https://rpubs.com/alobo/vectorplot), but I was wondering about a legend.

The vectors that vectorplot produces are wonderful.  What I'm trying to do
is get a scale legend to go with it.  In other words, have a vector outside
the main plot which provides a point of reference for the vectors in the
plot.  Something alike to what GrADS does (for those familiar), is what I'm
hoping to get to (for an example, the first chart on this page
http://www.wishingwork.com/grads/graphics-controls/vector-graphics.html)

I haven't seen this done yet with R, at least not from what I could find
with all the forums.  If anyone has an idea on how to do this, I
tremendously appreciate it!

Thanks all!

Adrienne

--
Adrienne Wootten
Ph.D Candidate / Graduate Research Assistant