[R] Use of "quote" in Windows and Linux..

Santosh santosh2005 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:03:31 CET 2016

Dear Rxperts..

I noticed a puzzling behavior of  'quote' in Linux and Windows environment
based RStudio..

In Linux based RStudio ,

a1 <- quote(ID)

The error message I get is:

<simpleError in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler): object
'ID' not found>
<simpleError in is.scalar(val): object 'ID' not found>
<simpleError in is(obj, "ore.frame"): object 'ID' not found>

I dont get any error message when I do the same in Windows 7 based RStudio..

Could you please suggest how to use quote in Linux environment..and explain
why there is such a difference?

Thanks much in advance!!

Santosh