[R] Reading a datetime vector

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:14:32 CET 2016

On 22 Feb 2016, at 18:30 , Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:

> .. read the Excel documentation for representing dates... it is days since December 30, 1899 on Windows.

I seem to recall that that is actually only true for dates after March 1, 1900. (The reason that it is not counting December 31st being that someone thought that 1900 was a leap year.)

<Checks Wikipedia: Yep, 1900 is still a leap year in Excel. The original perpetrator was Lotus 1-2-3 and Microsoft went for but-compatibility.>

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501