[R] Why CLARA clustering method does not give the same classes as when I do clustering manually?

Hennig, Christian c.hennig at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 22 00:17:20 CET 2016

Clara uses the Euclidean distance.
Why you get different results can only be said if you provide a reproducible code example for both what you did in clara and what you did "manually".

Best wishes,
Christian

Christian Hennig
University College London, Department of Statistical Science
Gower St., London WC1E 6BT, phone +44 207 679 1698
c.hennig at ucl.ac.uk, www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakche