[R] How to create an executable file from R GUI?

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Sat Feb 20 13:34:44 CET 2016

I don't know about RGtk2, never tried it, but I assume it is similar to
Tcl/Tk situation: you need to open an R console to make it work.
My approach works, only because I am using the package shiny, and R's web
server can be started via a script in the terminal.
I might be wrong of course, but I haven't been able to start a GUI from a
script, other than using a webpage,

Package shiny is very nice, and since it can be started with a script, it
means that one can also use the normal R console in parallel, if needed.
Otherwise, if started from the R console, R will be busy listening to the
web server: it's either R, or the GUI, but not both in the same time.