[R] Why CLARA clustering method does not give the same classes as when I do clustering manually?

ABABAEI, Behnam Behnam.ABABAEI at limagrain.com
Fri Feb 19 12:30:05 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using CLARA (in 'cluster' package). This method is supposed to assign each observation to the closest 'medoid'. But when I calculate the distance of medoids and observations manually and assign them manually, the results are slightly different (1-2 percent of occurrence probability). Does anyone know how clara calculates dissimilarities and why I get different clustering results?

Behnam.