[R] How to create an executable file from R GUI?

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:24:23 CET 2016

To give a full answer we need some more detail from you.  For example
what operating system are you on? what do you mean by "users click on
it"? and at what point do you want them to click (after running R,
when looking at the desktop, etc.)

But to help get you started you may want to look at the help page
`?Startup` which tells you all the things that R does as it starts up
and how to have it run commands automatically as it is starting up.

I have created some GUI examples in the past that clients then wanted
to have on their own computer to play with and demonstrate to others.
I usually would install R on their machine for them and create a
shortcut on the desktop (these were all MS Windows computers) that
pointed to the standard R executable, but started in a specific
directory/folder.  Then in that folder I created a ".Rprofile" file
with the commands to load in the appropriate data and packages and run
the gui demonstration.  The user could then double click on the
shortcut on the desktop and 2 windows would pop up (the regular R
interface and my gui demo), I instructed the client to just minimize
and ignore the regular R window and they were then able to use my demo
and then close everything when they were finished.  You could do
something similar (but exactly how will differ between Windows, Mac,
and Linux computers).