[R] package ‘xlsx’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Sat Feb 13 21:45:34 CET 2016

If you aren't happy with that, you might review other options:

library(sos)
 > (xlsx <- ???xlsx)
found 372 matches;  retrieving 19 pages
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Downloaded 268 links in 58 packages.

       This opened a table in my default browser listing 268 help pages
containing "xlsx", sorted to put first the package with the most matches.

 > findFn2xls(xlsx)

       This wrote a file "xlsx.xls" to the working directly, the first
sheet of which gave a summary of the 58 packages containing at least one
match.

       For years, I've used read.xls{gdata}.  That's number 8 on this
list.  I don't know which is best.

       Spencer