[R] Help required for Rcmdr

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Tue Feb 9 16:57:12 CET 2016

Several of my students have had this type of difficulty with Rstudio.

Rstudio masks install.packages with a similarly named function in an
environment that does not appear in
either conflicts(details=TRUE) or in search().

The workaround is an explicit call to utils

utils::install.packages("package.name")

Rich