[R] Package for error analysis

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Thu Feb 4 17:21:03 CET 2016

> I'm doing error analysis of predictive models and I need to calculate global
> error, this is, I need to calculate the resultant error from propagation of
> indirect measurements errors.

If the problem is propagation of variance on inputs through a known function, you could look at uncert() in the metRology package.
That basically does first order error propagation using analytic (if available) or numerical differentiation of the function, or (via uncertMC()) Monte Carlo simulation to get error distributions (which I would recommend for larger variance over first order calculations).

I wouldn't exactly call it statistics - it's based on recommendations for measurement science and they assume a pretty simple deterministic model and that has little or nothing to do with model fitting and inference.

S Ellison