[R] find numbers that fall in a region or the next available.

Alaios alaios at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 23:04:51 CET 2016

Dear all,I have GPS coordinates (one vector for longitude and one for latitude: GPSLong and GPSLat) of small are that is around 300meters X 300 meters (location falls inside UK).At the same time I have two more vectors (Longitude and Latitude) that include position of food stores again the UK
I would like to find within my 300x300 square area which as the food stores that fall inside.I thought to try to find which of the Longitude of the food stores fall inside my area. I tried something the below

Longitude[Longitude>(min(GPSLong)-0.001)&&Longitude<(max(GPSLong)+0.001)]
but this returned me zero results.The next option would be the code to return me at least the place that falls outside but still is close to that region.'Do you have any idea how to do that and not fall back in the time consuming look at each element iteration?
I would like to thank you for your replyRegardsAlex