[R] help for

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Dec 31 01:20:26 CET 2016

> On Dec 30, 2016, at 9:57 AM, Elham - via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> hi all, I am following http://bioinformatics.knowledgeblog.org/2011/06/20/analysing-microarray-data-in-bioconductor/

That page was designed by and for someone with  Linux installation. To quote from the opening paragraph: "Some familiarity with Linux is ideal and the instructions were developed on Ubuntu 11.04, R 2.12.1. For a full code listing for this tutorial and figures resulting from it see the second part of the article."

> I need to download phenotypic data in the form of text file that describe chip names, and the source of the biological samples as well as probe that hybridised to them. I can not understand the mean of "Open a new terminal window and type".
> i am using command.$ ls data/*.CEL > data/phenodata.txt in R
>
> this returns an error
>

> $ ls data/*.CEL > data/phenodata.txt Error: unexpected '$' in "$"
> what should I do now?

It later runs out that you are on Windows?  .... ???

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

There is a help facility for BioC questions. (I think it might now  be web-based unlike this mailing list which remains plain text.)  I suggest you read the Posting Guide more thoroughly that it appears you have so far.