[R] help for

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:08:37 CET 2016

This isn't an R question, but a linux question.

Open a new terminal window:
The directions you are following tell you how to do that for the
Ubuntu linux being used, right at the beginning:

Open up a terminal (Applications->Accessories->Terminal from the the toolbar)

As for your command, the $ is a prompt. You don't type that. Start with ls

What should you do now? Read a little bit about using linux command line tools

Sarah