[R] [FORGED] Export R output in Excel

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Dec 29 01:05:14 CET 2016

On 29/12/16 12:48, Bryan Mac wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> I wanted to export the output/results of R to an Excel file for
> easier comparisons/reporting. When I tried to copy and paste my
> output to an excel file the formatting was off. I want to export my
> descriptive stats and the linear regression.

This makes little to no sense to me.  Spreadsheets are for use in
storing data, not for displaying the output of analyses.  (I know that
Excel users do this sort of thing, but then people do all sorts of
irrational things.)

> I googled “Export R output to excel” but did not find most of the
> hints “useful”. if anything, it got me more confused.
>
> Thanks.

(1) The best advice is still "*Don't*."

(2) You do not need Excel to make comparisons and report.  In fact it is
a handicap.  Re-think your strategy.

(3) If you insist in proceeding in a wrong-headed manner, isn't the item
about XLConnect (3rd answer, 1st hit) "useful"?

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS