[R] Rbbg usurped ?

Tolga Uzuner tolga at coubros.com
Wed Dec 28 10:39:56 CET 2016

Dear R users,

I have some old code that was using Rbbg, which no longer appears to be
working.

I tried to download Rbbg using the line:
install.packages("Rbbg", repos = "http://r.findata.org")

in R version 3.3.2 on a Windows 10 machine and got the following error:

 > install.packages("Rbbg", repos = "http://r.findata.org")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/Tolga/Documents/R/win-library/3.3’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://r.findata.org/src/contrib:
   cannot open URL 'http://r.findata.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://r.findata.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.3:
   cannot open URL 'http://r.findata.org/bin/windows/contrib/3.3/PACKAGES'
Warning message:
package ‘Rbbg’ is not available (for R version 3.3.2)

Is Rbbg no longer supported ? Has it been usurped by something else ?
Does this mean I have to rewrite code or is the new package compatible
with code written for Rbbg ?

Thanks in advance