[R] Feature selection using R Caret package: Error in seeds[[num_rs + 1L]] : subscript out of bounds

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Dec 21 03:40:58 CET 2016

> On Dec 20, 2016, at 1:30 PM, Its August via R-help <r-help at r-project.org> wrote:
>
> rm(list=ls())    set.seed(12345)    library(mlbench)    library(caret)    options(error=utils::recover)
>     #Pastebin link for Data: http://pastebin.com/raw/cg0Kiueq    mydata.df <- read.table("data.PasteBin.txt", header=TRUE,sep="\t",stringsAsFactors=TRUE)    dim(mydata.df)
>     lvq.control <- trainControl(method="LOOCV")    lvq.model <- train(ID~., data=mydata.df, method="lvq", trControl=lvq.control ) #FAILS
>     importance <- varImp(lvq.model, scale=FALSE)    print(importance)    plot(importance)

Posting in HTML causes this sort of unparseable code to appear on the distributed version of your posting. (You didn't read the Posting Guide.)

After looking at the link:
http://machinelearningmastery.com/feature-selection-with-the-caret-r-package/

... I'm of the opinion that you are posting in the wrong place. I think the people that run that program should be the ones you ask for assistance. After all, they say:
STOP Wasting Your Time Piecing Together One-Off Articles and
Parsing Greek Letters in Academic Textbooks

NOW is the time to actually learn…
How To Deliver Results With Machine Learning

Obviously their product is what you should be using.

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA