[R] h5r package: cannot find hdf5

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 02:20:49 CET 2016

> On Dec 17, 2016, at 5:09 PM, Pedro Montenegro <a67355 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm new to R and Linux, and I have an issue I didn't see solved on the
> internet.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Mate and installed R version 2.11 since the current
> version does not support R-kinetics.
> What happens is that I have hdf5 headers and libraries installed
>
> $ whereis hdf5
> hdf5: /usr/include/hdf5
>
> But when I'm installing the package inside R (install.packages) or outside
> R (R CMD INSTALL) the program reports the following error:
>
>> install.packages('h5r')
> Warning in install.packages("h5r") :

There is also a bioconductor package that provides an HDF5 interface:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/rhdf5.html

I have no idea whether it's config files might include a more extensive search for installed versions of HDF5. Unlike h5r it is available for all three major forks of R.

--
David.