[R] re attach into the killed R session

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:20:24 CET 2016

I would hope that if you have an R script that is running for a month that
you have built in periodic checkpoints so that you can recover what is
happening.  In cases where I want to be able to restart an R script at some
point downstream, I will "save.image", or just the objects that are
important, and then I can reload at that point and carry forward.  Also you
will have the objects that you need to examine if you have too.  If I had
something running that long, I would at least take a checkpoint every hour
to help in the debugging/recovery process.

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru