[R] R XML package on RHEL

Das Neves, David, Vodacom South Africa David.DasNeves at vcontractor.co.za
Wed Dec 7 14:00:10 CET 2016

Hi

I am trying install the XML package on R 3.3.0 on RHEL. After it complained that the curl library was missing and we installed it, it continues to fail the linking step:

gcc -m64 -std=gnu99 -shared -L/usr/lib64/R/lib -ldl -lpthread -lc -lrt -lcurl -lidn -lssh2 -lssh2 -lssl -lcrypto -lssl -lcrypto -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lldap -lz -lrt -o XML.so DocParse.o EventParse.o ExpatParse.o HTMLParse.o NodeGC.o RSDTD.o RUtils.o Rcatalog.o Utils.o XMLEventParse.o XMLHashTree.o XMLTree.o fixNS.o libxmlFeatures.o schema.o xmlsecurity.o xpath.o -lxml2 -lz -lm -lz -lxml2 -L/usr/lib64/R/lib -lR
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap

It is not clear which package is meant to provide the ldap library, although I can see I library that may be appropriate it is not referred to as libldap as such. Should I be creating a symbolic link to the library or something like that?

Please help!

Regards

David das Neves

This e-mail is classified C2 - Vodacom Restricted - Information to be used inside Vodacom but it may be shared with authorised partners.
“This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link https://webmail.vodacom.co.za/tc/default.html "