[R] LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:22:42 CET 2016

This is not really an R problem but a TeX one. Apparently, your input file contains Unicode characters that LaTeX doesn't know what to do with.

That raises the suspicion is that the file might not be in UTF-8 encoding at all, however tan kind of issue does occasionally happen, even in UTF-8, if you "fat-finger" certain special characters - the per mille symbol on Shift-Alt-5 on a Mac sometimes catches me out when attempting to type "\%" (== Shift-Alt-7 Shift-5 on a Danish keyboard).

However, I don't know how to get U+9D speecifically; it seems to be unallocated in all the major code sets. You need to locate the file with the problem and the offending line inside of it and inspect.

-pd