[R] Plotting Confidence Intervals into a density plot

Elysa Mitova elysa.mitova at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:18:44 CET 2016

Hi, thank you!

I've constructed the upper and lower bounds with

 a <- 2.505766
 s <- 0.7789832
 n <- 607
 error <- qnorm(0.975)*s/sqrt(n)
 left <- a-error
 right <- a+error
 left
right

Now, I have the numbers I need, but I have no idea how to plot them. I was
thinking of using a polygon, but somehow it doesn't work out, because my
y-axis shows only density and is in itself not a variable?

xx <- data

fit1 <- density(data,na.rm=TRUE)

fit2 <- replicate(10000, { x <- sample(xx, replace=TRUE);
	density(x, na.rm=TRUE, from=min(fit1$x), to=max(fit1$x))$y } )

fit3 <- apply(fit2, 1, quantile, c(0.025,0.975) )  - Probably herein
lies the problem?

plot(fit1, ylim=range(fit3))
polygon( c(fit1$x, rev(fit1$x)), c(fit3[1,], rev(fit3[2,])),
col='grey', border=F)
lines(fit1)

I tried working with this solution I found on the internet, but
somehow now the lines the shaded areas sporadically everywhere around
my density plot? I just want a polygon spreading from  2.44 to 2.57
along the x-axis.

Any tipps?