[R] 0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Aug 31 16:50:16 CEST 2016

I see the printout (not an "error") that you describe on the 2nd example
you gave:

> t2 <- WOETable(X=SFDC1$case_age, Y=SFDC1$survey)
> print(t2)
[1] GOODS BADS  TOTAL PCT_G PCT_B WOE   IV
<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

The result of WOETable is perfectly legal - it is a data.frame with no rows.

help(WOETable) says that the 'X' argument should be a "categorical variable
stored as factor" but the function does not check that that is true.  You
gave it a numeric (continuous) variable, case_age, and it misbehaved.  You
can turn case_age into a factor with the cut() function.

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com