[R] loading .rda file

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Aug 30 18:36:05 CEST 2016

You cannot. However, you can load the file into a dedicated environment to keep those names separated from your global environment. e.g. [1]

The saveRDS/loadRDS functions are an alternative handle one object at a time without dragging the object names into the picture (you have to name the re-loaded object).

However, the best approach is to write scripts that pull directly from your source (non-R) data files. This makes your work process reproducible as you develop it.

[1] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2016-August/441078.html