[R] Exponential population model

Msindai, Nadejda n.msindai.09 at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Aug 29 16:06:30 CEST 2016

Dear David

I think you misunderstood me, I need to find the name for an r package that models the population size from time 0 for a group of animals.

I provided details to make it clearer the type of model I want to run.

The only population model I have come across thus far is Popbio, which appears to be for plants? Therefore, can you assist me by telling me the name for a package that is used to model exponential growth:

Exponential growth model is --

?The exponential growth model assumes that the population starts out at time t=0 at some initial N(0), and growth at constant exponential rate r. If r>0 this results in theoretically unlimited growth over time.  The fundamental equation of growth is

?

?N(t+1)= N(t) exp(r)

I do not have a known growth rate figure for my species, therefore, I plan to use life history data obtained from wild populations (of one particular species) to model the current population size for a group of animals introduced onto an island.

Thank you for your help in this matter

Josephine