[R] lme to determine if there is a group effect

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 02:23:45 CEST 2016

I never used the groupedData structure, precisely because I found it
confusing, but I think:

1. group is *not* a (random) grouping variable; it's a fixed effect covariate.
2. so I believe your groupedData call should be:

GD<- groupedData(value~time|SS,data=data1,outer = group)

Of course, as you did not give us your data in a convenient form, I
can't check. Please let us know if this is wrong, however, as I don't
want to mislead others down the primrose path.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."