[R] [R Survey Analysis] Problem counting number of responses

Lauren Bolger lebolger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:51:18 CEST 2016

​y dataset includes a survey completed by research participants to evaluate
quality of life. A few things regarding the survey:

   -
*not all questions must be answered​ for the total score *
   - questions left blank are coded as "0"
   - ​the number of questions answered must be determined in order to
   compute the total score

*Sample Code​*

> q1 <- ifelse(is.na(survey, 0, survey$q1)

> q2 <- ifelse(is.na(survey, 0, survey$q2)

> q3 <- ifelse(is.na(survey, 0, survey$q3)

> survey$sum.survey <- q1 + q2 + q3

> survey$responses <- # HELP ?????
*> # need help determining number of questions the respondents answered*

*> # I want to look at the subset of the population that completed all the
questions*

​
​
​Thanks for your help!! It means a lot​ :)