[R] Appending Data to a .csv File

ruipbarradas at sapo.pt ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Thu Aug 11 20:29:02 CEST 2016

Hello,

Have you tried ?write.table?
write.csv is a wrapper for write.table with the appropriate settings
such as sep = ",", etc.
 From the help page for write.csv:

"These wrappers are deliberately inflexible: they are designed to
ensure that the correct conventions are used to write a valid file.
Attempts to change append, col.names, sep, dec or qmethod are ignored,
with a warning. "

So you must use write.table, with a call for file A, with col.names
set to TRUE, then subsequent calls with col.names = FALSE.

Read the help page carefully, and try the different options.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Quoting Mihai.Mirauta at bafin.de: