[R] Creating Dummy Var in R for regression?

Shivi Bhatia shivipmp82 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:23:59 CEST 2016

Thanks you all for the assistance. This really helps.

Hi Bert: While searching nabble i got to know R with factors variables
there is no need to create dummy variable. However please consider this
situation:
I am in the process of building a logistic regression model on NPS data.
The outcome variable is CE i.e. customer experience which has 3 rating so
ordinal logistic regression will be used. However most of my variables are
categorical. For instance one of the variable is agent knowledge which is a
10 point scale.

This agent knowledge is again a 3 rated scale: high medium low hence i need
to group these 10 values into 3 groups & then as you suggested i can
directly enter them in the model without creating n-1 categories.

I have worked on SAS extensively hence found this a bit confusing.

Thanks for the help.